Sunday, October 5, 2008

We have Xuehong/Ella and she is everything and more of what we envisioned!!! She was so scared when she got to the hotel. She cried, and cried and cried. Poor baby. She's so beautiful and she has HAIR. I didn't expect that. Our guide met us in the lobby around 3:40 and we waited together for her. He went outside and met them and them they came in with her. We tried to comfort her but she was not happy being with these people she's never seen the likes of. We had to sign some documents and take pictures for the orphanage and then they let us take her to the room. She was still crying and Dale sung to her and rocked her by the window and she fell asleep still gasping the whole time with every breath even as she slept. I knew she would be scared and I am prepared for it to take a while for her to take to us but it breaks my heart to see her cry like that. I wish I knew how to console her.

She actually has some movement in her arm and I am thrilled to see that. She is so bundled up because it's so cold today and we didn't want to upset her anymore than she already was so maybe when she wakes up we will bathe her and see just how much movement she actually has. I think she has a great chance at really being able to use it with surgery and therapy.

It feels strange having someone hand me a baby and have her be mine. I've dreamed of this day for so long and I am sooo happy and can't put it into words just how wonderful today was.

It's going to take some time finding out all the little things about her but for now all I know is she still takes a bottle but is potty trained. (All those cute gdiapers and she won't even be able to wear them.

Well, I want to see her eyes open when she wakes up so I'm going to stare at her while she's sleeping. We've moved her from Dale to me and back to him and she's still asleep. I hope that's a good sign.

Love to all,
Priscella

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me just say, "happy tears!" What a beautiful, heartwarming image of you and Dale holding your daughter. Our hearts are reaching across the world sending all our love. We'll pray God's love and yours will help comfort Ella, so that she quickly adjusts. I've printed the post, so that we can take it to church. Jay will have to read it to everyone during praise and prayer time, because I don't think I'll be able to see through the happy tears to read it. :) God is good!
Many blessings,
Angela and the rest of the Abshires

Marlene/Nani said...

We are just so excited over here that we can hardly stand it. Mamma is crying tears of joy, but I am too happy to cry....just can't stop smiling!! We will be praying that Ella wakes up calm, and that in no time she will adjust to her wonderful new family. We can feel your happiness from all the way around the world, how Great is our God that He has brought Ella to you, Dale and the boys. She is a blessed little baby girl! Much love from all of your family! Marlene and Mamma

Anonymous said...

I cannot tell you what a wonderful post that was. I called everyone early this morning to share the news. I hope she begins to be less scared. It broke my heart to picture her so scared and upset. But the fact that you guys are there for her and loving her hopefully will help. Love you all so so much. Jenn

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

That is such awesome news! It sounds like your day was a lot like ours. Poor Jake, there were so many tears, so much crying, but it will work out. We both swear by Cheerios now!

We are so glad things worked out and you got Ella Sunday. The news about her arm sounds so promising. Can't wait to see some pictures!

We can't wait to meet up again in Guangzhou. God truly has blessed us all.

Kevin and Violet

Pam and Jeff said...

Congrats!! Can't wait to see those hairbows in use!!!

Marlene/Nani said...

Hey! Did you get the round of emails I sent today??? That would be Monday morning, our time. I felt SO terrible, when I read your email this morning, and discovered you hadn't gotten any of our emails since Ella's beautiful pictures were posted, or your post about getting her. PLEASE contact me asap, and tell me you've gotten them by now, I re-sent them all to you, including my blog comments, too. Don't worry about mamma, she's doing okay, still has original pain, but no broken ribs or shoulder, just very sore. She's really back to her old self, and her strength has regained. However, your "white, fluffy daughter" is missing you terrible, and says to tell you, "ERRR,errrr-rrr-rrr-rr--rrr", and she has reiterated it again and again!! :) LOL> Just think, Now we are BOTH moms of three, and families of five!!! I miss you and kids a whole bunch, no more out of country trips for either of us, without the other tagging along! Love you ALL five! :0) M

UNTIL FOREVER

This morning in China a mother cries
She'll never forget her daughter's eyes
Her heart is broken and filled with pain
Her tears run down like the falling rain.
She has no choice but to leave her there
The cost of keeping is too much to bear.
She hopes her daughter will one day know
True love can be found in letting her go.

This morning in China a baby cries
Hungry and scared as tears fill her eyes
Her mother has left her in this public place
Another lost daughter of the Chinese race.
Someone passing has heard her soft moan
She is soon taken to a foster home.
It's here she'll reside in the care of another
Until she's adopted by a brand new mother.

That very same day in the U.S.A.
A woman cries as she starts to pray
Her heart is heavy but filled with much love
She prays for a daughter she thinks the world of
"Dear Jesus, I ask that your arms would be
Wrapped tightly around the one picked for me
Guard her in China until I make my way
and then in my arms she'll forever stay."

-Tom Fisher

Romans 8:15

Ye have received the Sprit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.


Slideshow from October 3, 2008