Monday, October 6, 2008

Day three with Ella. She is starting to figure out she's not going back home. We found out today she was in foster care and I think that is making the transition harder on her than I thought it would be. She isn't crying as much as she was yesterday but you can tell when she thinks of her foster family and she starts crying.

She is so smart. She can already say Noah and Logan. Of course she already used ba-ba and ma-ma for her foster parents so I think she is confused. Apparently they have two children of their own. One of them must have been a younger brother because she calls out for de-de alot and Michael our guide said that is baby brother. The other one must have been an older brother because she said ge-ge pretty quickly and that is for older brother. Noah was thrilled. She is very headstrong, just like the rest of her family. She's going to fit in just fine.

Inner Mongolia is a lot different than Beijing. I don't think they are used to foreigners. No one speaks a word of English in the hotel and Michael is staying in another hotel. I'm not sure why. Maybe the agency makes him stay at a cheaper one. Who knows. When you ask for toilet paper they bring you writing paper and when you ask for a glass of ice water they bring you boiling water in a drinking glass. We still have four more days here until we leave. The boys are getting restless. Ready for American food. We had McDonalds yesterday and it didn't set well with me. Today we had KFC and it was so good I didn't care at the time. I hope I don't regret it. We haven't eaten a real meal since we at breakfast in Beijing. I feel like I've lost at least five pounds but it doesn't look like it in the pictures. They say the camera adds 10 pounds. So maybe I have lost some. Logan said he was finally full when we left KFC. I told them we wouldn't leave until everyone was full. Ella likes mashed potatoes and chicken. Ice cream too.

The driving here is horrendous. No one pays attention to lane boundaries and the people walking and riding bikes almost dare you to hit them. Our driver is really a nice man. He's this little old man who doesn't speak English but loves Ella. He keeps wanting to hold her. When she cries he talks to her in Chinese to comfort her. He is sweet. Michael is always with us unless we are in our room. We don't have anything planned for tomorrow. We are a day ahead since we got Ella a day earlier than we were supposed to.

There have been a lot of weddings at this hotel. They shoot off fireworks when someone gets married. We saw some last night and we saw two brides today. They were so pretty. I pictured them being Ella one day. So much fun to have a girl already. Her clothes I packed fit her pretty good. I didn't pack enough warm clothes, though. It is really, really cold here in the north. It will be warmer in Guangzhou, I think. I'm going to sign off and post some pictures of our little princess.

Priscella

5 comments:

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

We finally found your photos of Ella. She is so beautiful. You certainly are blessed to have her, and she is blessed to have such a loving family.

Traffic in Xian isn't any better than it is there. I am amazed, though, we have only seen 1 accident. I think they must think yielding is for wimps and should only be done as a last resort. I'm also amazed they can turn 4 lanes into 6 without wrecking everything.

Our hotel staff is a little better. They can speak a little English, enough to finally make ourselves understood.

It rained all day here Tuesday, and Jake was a bit cranky for much of the day. We went with our guide to a dumpling restaurant tonight. The dumplings were great, and Jake ate like a pig again. Boy, he can pack it away.

Take care,

Kevin and Violet

Marlene/Nani said...

WOW!! What a trip, huh? We are all so ready for you to come home, youve got her already, just say you're all feeling sick, and skip the rest of the trip! LOL :) Priss, her pictures today are even MORE beautiful than the last ones, I didn't think it possible. You all look so sweet with her, but I want to see one with Logan holding her, too. I LOVE the one of her at KFC, it's adorable. Things are going to be fine, read my email, and see what you think. Love to all, we can not WAIT to get ya'll home. Tell Logan that I'm waiting for a pic of he and Ella. Love M

Marlene/Nani said...

Hey! I just realized....the picture of 'mommy and her girl', is so similar to the baby portrait of you, the day that you had tears in your eyes. I can see them just about to fall, out of Ella's eyes, just like the ones in your picture. The funny thing is, I was only 41/2 when you had it made, but I can actually remember it. I remember how they tried and tried to get you to stop crying - Sandy and Mamma - but you just kept on. I remember the studio was across the street, diagonally, from Doctor Hosen's. It's so weird the stuff you rememeber!!! Look at that pic again, and see what I mean, she 'looks like her mommy'!!!! Love you, M

Anonymous said...

She is soooo beautiful!
My heart aches for little Ella having to go through so many changes, but I know she has the best family to love her unconditionally as she adjusts. You can feel the love and see it in your faces. The pictures of Dale and Noah with Ella are so touching to see the "tough guy" exteriors melt away as they love and comfort her.
Jay read part of your blog Sunday at Celebration service and asked for specific prayers for Ella that she is comforted in your journey together as a family.
We have appreciated and enjoyed the pictures and updates, since we know it must be difficult to take the time to get on the computer when you have a new little one while traveling in a foreign land.
Enjoy every moment and we will keep looking forward to hearing of your adventures.
Love,
The Abshires

Anonymous said...

Ella is so pretty! She looks so sweet. I love reading your blog. She is so lucky to have a mom like you. I can't wait to meet her.

Sincerely,
Sommer

P.S. Ella is going to look so cute in her bows!

UNTIL FOREVER

This morning in China a mother cries
She'll never forget her daughter's eyes
Her heart is broken and filled with pain
Her tears run down like the falling rain.
She has no choice but to leave her there
The cost of keeping is too much to bear.
She hopes her daughter will one day know
True love can be found in letting her go.

This morning in China a baby cries
Hungry and scared as tears fill her eyes
Her mother has left her in this public place
Another lost daughter of the Chinese race.
Someone passing has heard her soft moan
She is soon taken to a foster home.
It's here she'll reside in the care of another
Until she's adopted by a brand new mother.

That very same day in the U.S.A.
A woman cries as she starts to pray
Her heart is heavy but filled with much love
She prays for a daughter she thinks the world of
"Dear Jesus, I ask that your arms would be
Wrapped tightly around the one picked for me
Guard her in China until I make my way
and then in my arms she'll forever stay."

-Tom Fisher

Romans 8:15

Ye have received the Sprit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.


Slideshow from October 3, 2008