Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day seven and eight with Ella. Yesterday started early. We had a 7:30 flight from Inner Mongolia to Guangzhou so we had to be up at 4:00. The flight was about 3 hours and she did pretty good. Hopefully that's a good indication for our flight home. We really like it here. The hotel is huge. I've seen pictures of it on their website but I didn't expect so many restaurants and shops inside the lower level. And everyone here speaks ENGLISH. Thank goodness. I feel like we are back in civiliazation. There are lots of shops just as you step outside the door on the side entrance. We shopped some yesterday and ate at Lucy's Bar and Grill. The boys were so excited that they had hamburgers and Mexican food on the menu. We ordered a grilled cheese sandwich for Ella and she at almost all of it. She really liked the french fries with ketchup but her favorite was the garnish lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. She really likes vegetables and fruit. At least I have one healthy eater in our family.

It was our 22nd anniversary yesterday but it was so hectic we hardly realized it. The beds here are little smaller than the last hotel so we are really cramped. They had a baby bed set up in here when we arrived but she won't have any part of that so we sent it back.

Today we went to see the Chen Family Academy. It was really interesting. It was built originally by the Chen family to house their ancestors to come to Guangzhou to study for the Imperial examination to become a high-ranking government official. Then we went to a "mall" (sort of) to shop for baby. I found her some cute white and pink shoes. I also found the most adorable pair of black and white shoes but they didn't have her size. I should have bought the bigger ones and she probably could have worn them next year but I want to save my money for other things. I want to buy her a traditional chinese outfit. I saw lots of them yesterday but I couldn't decide on a color. They aren't expensive, only around $3.50 so I may but a couple of different colors. I haven't found the type of silk I was looking for to make her baptism dress yet. I'm thinking I may get one of the traditional dresses in white and use that.

She is naping now and we have free time for the rest of the day so I may just nap too. Take it when you can get it, I say.

I got her "Going home Barbie" today. It was on the desk when we came back from our outing this morning. She is so cute. I wish there was a choice of hair color for the Mommy. She's really blonde but the baby is too cute. There is a playroom downstairs that I want to bring her to this afternoon. It is provided by Mattel as well. Cool idea.

Well, I have some individual emails to answer so I will write more tomorrow.

Priscella

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Dale on 22 years of marriage and to the Burns family for having Ella one week. Can you believe she has been a part of your family for a week now? One more week to go until you get home and we are all counting down the days.
All our love and prayers,
Angela

Marlene/Nani said...

Priss, I loved hearing that the boys were fighting over who gets to push
Ella in the stroller, that is so sweet. Sounds like she outranks Nintendo DS!!! LOL :0) The picture of 'your three kids', is just so special,I know exactly the feeling you're talking about. I never felt we were a complete family, until Meagan made three. Not that things weren't wonderful BEFORE she came, but I always felt like someone was missing, like we were supposed to be one more!! I am so glad to hear that she is adjusting more and more, and crying less. And Noah and Logan, Nani is so proud to hear of how patient you've been with Ella and all the crying, I know that's not easy, EVEN for mommys and daddys!! That reminds me, Priss, what is she calling Dale? Dad or Daddy?
I can't wait to see her in her little Chinese outfits, I'll bet she's adorable. What colors did you end up choosing?? Hope you find some neat mementos to remember this trip. I'm so glad to hear you got the "Going Home Barbie", I know at one point you'd thought they'd quit giving them out!! I hope you find the Red Couch, I know how long you've been looking forward to that photo opportunity, with all the babies from this trip! I can't wait to see it. Priss, she's just so much prettier even, than I'd imagined. Not that I didn't think she was just a little doll, before, but since she's been in ya'lls care, she has just blossomed! Her hair's so pretty and shiny clean, and her little face just glows, such beautiful skin!!! Only one more week till we get to have our little family welcome brunch, I can NOT wait. I know you'd emailed you were afraid she'd cry the whole time, but I'm praying hard that she won't, so it will be a peaceful, smooth and happy occasion, as she is welcomed into our whole big family!!! :) Well, gotta run, we are going to watch Kayla Nettles in her softball tournament in Bmt. They just left, and we have just enough time to get dressed and get up there. Tell Logan, that when he gets back, I want to go to his next game!!Love you all! M/Nanni

UNTIL FOREVER

This morning in China a mother cries
She'll never forget her daughter's eyes
Her heart is broken and filled with pain
Her tears run down like the falling rain.
She has no choice but to leave her there
The cost of keeping is too much to bear.
She hopes her daughter will one day know
True love can be found in letting her go.

This morning in China a baby cries
Hungry and scared as tears fill her eyes
Her mother has left her in this public place
Another lost daughter of the Chinese race.
Someone passing has heard her soft moan
She is soon taken to a foster home.
It's here she'll reside in the care of another
Until she's adopted by a brand new mother.

That very same day in the U.S.A.
A woman cries as she starts to pray
Her heart is heavy but filled with much love
She prays for a daughter she thinks the world of
"Dear Jesus, I ask that your arms would be
Wrapped tightly around the one picked for me
Guard her in China until I make my way
and then in my arms she'll forever stay."

-Tom Fisher

Romans 8:15

Ye have received the Sprit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.


Slideshow from October 3, 2008