Friday, October 10, 2008

Day six with Ella. We visited a museum today. There was a traveling exhibit of National Treasures that is leaving tomorrow so we just were able to see it. It was really interesting. Got lots of good pictures. She was so good the whole time. We were there about three hours and she never cried or even got irritable. What an angel.

We also stopped by KFC again. Michael must think all we think about is food. It was so good. We got it to go and ate it in the room. You should have seen us. We were like a bunch of animals at feeding time. This time we got two buckets and it still wasn't enough.

We leave Inner Mongolia tomorrow at 7:20 so we have to be downstairs in the lobby at 5:30. Not a problem for us since we go to sleep early and wake up early. I think the flight is 3 hours so we will get a taste of how Ella will do on an airplane.

Guangzhou has a lot of shops within walking distance from the hotel and is where everyone gets their souvenirs. If anyone wants something specific, email me at elad_snrub@yahoo.com and I'll try to get it for you if we have room in the suitcases to bring it all home. I've been looking forward to that part of the trip. You all know how much I love to shop. I want to make a list tomorrow on the plane of what I want to buy for Ella. This will be fun.

She's eating an Oreo right now and loving it. She likes the center part the best. It's so much fun watching her experience things she never has had the change to experience before. What American baby hasn't had an Oreo? I know you don't miss what you've never had, but these things sure makes life fun. I love her so much.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Oreos. You know I hadn't had Oreos in probably three years until the hurricane evacuations - I think I just felt free to eat badly. ;)

I am so hungry. About to head out to lunch. Mawmaw and I looked at the new pictures forever last night. Logan - love the one with you and Ella. Great! Plus, the ones with her smiling and playing are just wonderful.

I'm glad you guys are getting a change of scenery; sometimes that's all you need. I kind of need a change of scenergy myself.

Have a great day - hope the flight goes well. Love jenn

Anonymous said...

uh and that's scenery, not scenergy or synergy. whatev.

Marlene/Nani said...

Oreos, one of my personal favorite bad things to eat....and what better way to eat them than from the inside out. I've always thought it was the way to go. :0) Isn't it awesome to get to experience everything anew, through the eyes/ears of a baby? It just makes us look at everything so differently, things we've come to take for granted become wondrous through watching them experience it.
What an incredible experience for you guys to get to go to this museum and have caught such a neat exhibit. I envy you that exciting adventure. The boys are getting an education that is far beyond anything they'd have experienced inside the walls of school, their lives and yours will be forever enriched by this trip. I'm so very happy that you are sharing this experience with them.
I loved the picture of Logan with Ella, it is priceless. He looks so proud and happy to be holding her, and she looks so tiny and adorable sitting with him!
I'm excited about your upcoming trip to Guangzhou? (sp.?) You will probably find the most amazing things there. Bet it's one of those places we talked about, Priss, with oodles of fabric. Retail Therapy....you can't knock it!! I start back to school on Monday (Bleh!!) after being off all but five days of this school year, and am dreading it. SO....I treated myself to a bit of Retail Therapy! A couple of new tops and jeans for school certainly ease the dread of going back!! LOL Well, I didn't get an email from you today, so guess ya'll have been exhausted. When you get a chance, email me...I look over and over in my inbox all day just to see if I've 'got mail'!! Love you all, and can't wait for next weekend to see you all, and get to meet our Ella. Love you, M

Anonymous said...

I'm having withdrawals....i need new pictures. :) please.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Dale and Priscella! What a special way to spend it - with your new precious daughter, your handsome sons and of course with each other - in China no less! Hope the plane ride went well and that all of you have had a wonderful day. Hope to see you all soon. We enjoy your updates and feel as if we know your darling Ella already from your information and fantastic pictures. Look forward to hearing more. Love, Dee

UNTIL FOREVER

This morning in China a mother cries
She'll never forget her daughter's eyes
Her heart is broken and filled with pain
Her tears run down like the falling rain.
She has no choice but to leave her there
The cost of keeping is too much to bear.
She hopes her daughter will one day know
True love can be found in letting her go.

This morning in China a baby cries
Hungry and scared as tears fill her eyes
Her mother has left her in this public place
Another lost daughter of the Chinese race.
Someone passing has heard her soft moan
She is soon taken to a foster home.
It's here she'll reside in the care of another
Until she's adopted by a brand new mother.

That very same day in the U.S.A.
A woman cries as she starts to pray
Her heart is heavy but filled with much love
She prays for a daughter she thinks the world of
"Dear Jesus, I ask that your arms would be
Wrapped tightly around the one picked for me
Guard her in China until I make my way
and then in my arms she'll forever stay."

-Tom Fisher

Romans 8:15

Ye have received the Sprit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.


Slideshow from October 3, 2008