Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day four with Ella. Today we signed more papers to get her passport. We should get it tomorrow. Ella and I went with Michael to the immigration office to prove that I was the one adopting her. Not sure what that really proved. Just another hoop jumped through out of many.

I think things are getting better between she and I. She will now let me dress her without fighting me and I bathed her tonight. Dale still had to be in the room but she didn't fight me. She didn't enjoy it as much as she has the other times. Maybe she's really tired. She wouldn't even sit in the water.

Tonight Logan, Noah and I went to eat in the restaurant downstairs. Dale ate some noodles we bought at the store the other day so he stayed in the room with Ella. We actually had fun. They weren't actually open yet when we got there so we waited for them to put all the food out on the buffet one dish at a time. After a while they would pass by our table and show it to us before they put it down. We all got a lesson on how to use chopsticks. We ate all of our food with them and we were actually pretty good at it. We found some spaghetti and we ate all they put out on our first helping. They didn't put any out until they thought we were through. Huh, they don't know my boys very well. I ate some dumplings and some noodles with vegetables. I guess it's true, you really will eat anything when you truly hungry. Actually, it was pretty good.

Well, Ella is getting sleepy and I want to lay down by her. To be continued.

Priscella

4 comments:

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

What an awesome smile! And a kiss, too! We have had plenty of smiles, but no kisses yet.

Jacob is in bed now, and I think we will join him.

Take care,

Kevin and Violet

Marlene/Nani said...

Priss,
That is such good news, she's doing much better already with bonding with you. See, all of our prayers are being answered!!!:0) I love love the picture of Ella giving you a kiss. Meagan is sitting right beside me on the couch, she got sick at school and came home (Making HER mommy very happy!!) and so the two of us were looking at the blog and pictures. I love the one of her in the ball cap, she looks like a teenager on a rap video or like she should be roller blading in the park, too cute!! Things are already getting better for you and her, I'm so very happy to know that. Keep the emails coming. Love, M

Anonymous said...

I love the partial smile and all the photos.

Tell Uncle Dale: The photo in the store is priceless. That is a really great picture.

I'm glad you guys had a good time and actually got some good food. Believe me, I know that feeling. After a while, you think you'll never eat well again.

Ok - back to work again. I'm just keeping the site up in case you post something again. This is way too fun and addictive.

PS - I think I'm going to hold off with sending out invitations for November to give you guys some time. We can have fun planning that later. It's all up to you guys.

PPS - HEY BOYS! Why don't you post a blog? I'd love to hear from you. Even if the only thing it says is: Heh Heh cool. Heh Heh.

PPPS - Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

These last few days have been sooo exciting for us too. We have been thrilled to see the precious pictures of beautiful, beautiful Ella. She has gone through so much and is really getting closer to you each hour. We can't wait to see all of you!! All the pictures are just great!! And Logan is doing a great job with photos!!
Stay safe and enjoy each other!!
Love, Sam and Dee

UNTIL FOREVER

This morning in China a mother cries
She'll never forget her daughter's eyes
Her heart is broken and filled with pain
Her tears run down like the falling rain.
She has no choice but to leave her there
The cost of keeping is too much to bear.
She hopes her daughter will one day know
True love can be found in letting her go.

This morning in China a baby cries
Hungry and scared as tears fill her eyes
Her mother has left her in this public place
Another lost daughter of the Chinese race.
Someone passing has heard her soft moan
She is soon taken to a foster home.
It's here she'll reside in the care of another
Until she's adopted by a brand new mother.

That very same day in the U.S.A.
A woman cries as she starts to pray
Her heart is heavy but filled with much love
She prays for a daughter she thinks the world of
"Dear Jesus, I ask that your arms would be
Wrapped tightly around the one picked for me
Guard her in China until I make my way
and then in my arms she'll forever stay."

-Tom Fisher

Romans 8:15

Ye have received the Sprit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.


Slideshow from October 3, 2008