Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 12 with Ella. Today we had our Consulate Appointment and our swearing in ceremony. We were supposed to do that tomorrow but for some reason we did it today. It was really uneventful and anticlimactic. All we had to do was bring Ella up to a window to let one of the workers see that we matched our passport pictures and then as a group we raised our right hand and swore that all of our paperwork was correct and truthful. That was it. The bus ride to the Consulate took longer than the swearing in did.

We now have another free day before we leave. We thought about moving up our flight to tomorrow but Kelly said it would cost to change it and we already paid for one more night at the hotel which cannot be refunded so we will stay and enjoy China one more day. I am kind of sad that we will be leaving. I hope some day we get to come back and just enjoy it without all of the appointments and stress that this trip has had. I hope Ella gets to see her homeland when she is older and let her experience it for herself.

I know I promised pictures and I will post them as soon as I finish this. Cannot wait to see everyone. I miss you more than you know.

Love to all,
Priscella

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love the first family photo! And the one with the boys - boys, you two look like stud muffins with your pretty blue eyes.

We cannot wait for you to come home either. I know it's been a long, daunting but wonderful trip. We just want to hear everything else and to meet Ella.

We love you. Be careful coming home, and good luck with the plane ride.

I'm glad you guys had another family to meet up with. Jacob is precious - the two of them on the couch is hilarious. They both look a little shell shocked.

Talk to you soon. Love - jenn

Marlene/Nani said...

Ella's piggytails are just FINE!! Afterall, you have to work with what hair they HAVE at this age!!! LOL the family picture is really fine, I'm so glad ya'll did that, you'll cherish it always. Just think, it's almost time for you to come home....I know it's seemed like a long trip, but I'll bet when you look back on it, it'll seem like the time just flew! Little Jacob is very cute, so tiny beside Ella. She DOES have long legs, when you wrote that you were glad she has long legs....it reminded me SO much of when OUR mamaw found mamma, and being petite like you - one of the first things she told mamma was, "I'm so glad you are tall and have long legs!" Life is so strange how it goes full circle, isn't it??!! Well, I've got a lot of work to get done here at school, just wanted to say "HI" and I love you all. Be safe on your trip home, and we'll see you all very soon.
Love,Marlene

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You found the couch. I know you were wanting that picture to complete your trip. I guess you really can come home now.
I love the family picture and the one of the boys with Ella is WONDERFUL!
OHHHH the red dress is beautiful. Ella looks like a little doll in it. I hope you got some in different sizes for her to grow into.
See you in a couple of days.
Angela

Anonymous said...

You'll be glad to know i LOVE her traditional Chinese dress. :) it's exquisite. and red.

the picture of the fam is priceless. That's a moment you will never forget.

Jenn's right the boys look great in that photo. and they look so proud. :)

hope you've found something by now that's perfect for miss ella.

you guys be safe coming home..can't wait!

P.S. i want that red couch. :)

UNTIL FOREVER

This morning in China a mother cries
She'll never forget her daughter's eyes
Her heart is broken and filled with pain
Her tears run down like the falling rain.
She has no choice but to leave her there
The cost of keeping is too much to bear.
She hopes her daughter will one day know
True love can be found in letting her go.

This morning in China a baby cries
Hungry and scared as tears fill her eyes
Her mother has left her in this public place
Another lost daughter of the Chinese race.
Someone passing has heard her soft moan
She is soon taken to a foster home.
It's here she'll reside in the care of another
Until she's adopted by a brand new mother.

That very same day in the U.S.A.
A woman cries as she starts to pray
Her heart is heavy but filled with much love
She prays for a daughter she thinks the world of
"Dear Jesus, I ask that your arms would be
Wrapped tightly around the one picked for me
Guard her in China until I make my way
and then in my arms she'll forever stay."

-Tom Fisher

Romans 8:15

Ye have received the Sprit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.


Slideshow from October 3, 2008